Thursday 26 April 2007

DAWN SERVICE - ANZAC DAY



I attended the ANZAC Dawn Service yesterday (25.04.2007) @ 5.30am, I estimated there were about 80 people that attended. I always find these services a tad emotional. I was a little disappointed as we heard the service by radio. The RSL sub-division of town organise the ANZAC service, hopefully next year they will have a ceremony where there are readings, laying of the wreaths etc by the people of the town. The RSL did put on a delicious breakfast after the service - it was yummy.

God Bless the diggers.

2 comments:

  1. I would have loved to have been there...... Unfortuneatly it would have been disrespectful to turn up still drunk from the night before. I did think about sleeping in the park and getting up when everyone arrived.......

    Thankyou Scooter Girl for waking me up with those yummy yummy sausage rolls. Just the cure for my hangover.

    It was great to see those planes fly overhead.... and it was great to see you don't care what anyone thinks and you are happy to wander around town in your pjs. I love your work!!!

    ReplyDelete