Monday 7 September 2009

WHY CANNOT I THROW IT OUT?

I bought myself a new dictionary awhile back (I use a dictionary all the time, it is like a Bible to me) but I keep referring back to my good old faithful pocket size Collins Gem Dictionary that I have had for well over 10 years. The pages have fallen out, been stuck back together with sticky tape many a times & it is held together by a lackey band. Why can't I just biff it? Maybe because it is small instead of big and bulky like my new one?

My well used dictionary!

2 comments:

  1. I have a favourite dictionary too! Mine is from when I was in primary school...it is sad looking but not as sad as yours Jen. I keep mine coz when I am looking for a word, I ALWAYS find it in my 'old' dictionary...but not in the newer versions.
    Oldie but a goodie!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. True JoJo, the old faithful dictionary so does have the word in it that your looking for, not like the new ones they seemed to have missed some out!

    ReplyDelete