Monday 17 November 2008

RAIN DROPS KEPT FALLING

Catching the rain water for my plants
(I wish I had a water tank)

View from my back yard

Rained on and off over the weekend and I loved it. It was a weekend of sleeping in, doing nothing much at all except snuggling up with my electric throw on the lounge chair and watching a few DVD's, have not done that in ages.

On Sunday afternoon I received a call from AC, I had just finished telling her about the rain and it was pouring down at that stage and if she could hear it, next minute there was a big clap of thunder & lightning and then a humongous bang - I just instantly threw the phone and all that came out of my mouth was F _ _ K! I was not sure if AC was still on the phone as too scared to touch it. The power and phone lines were cut instantly. I know you are not suppose to be on your land line while there is thunder and lightning and there was nothing to suggest that at the time, it just happened that quickly. I rang her back on the mobile to let her know what had just occurred and that I was OK. I was shaken for the next 1/2 hour after that happened, it was so scary and poor old Miss Tubby was scared with me.


3 comments:

  1. Amazing rain Jen...guess the sun baking was off the things to do list this past weekend?!

    I had to chuckle about your reaction to the lightning and being on the phone...funny when you look back, but scared shitless at the time!

    Warm and sunny here in Mandurah town...been playing in the garden.

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was scared too!! Thought the house had caved in on you, all I heard was: bang-shrieeek-beeeeep-beeeep ! Then I tried to call you back and no answer (phone was obviously still lying on the floor while u were recovering from yr heart attack!!)

    Glad you survived :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say that was scary stuff!

    ReplyDelete