Friday 1 August 2008

NO YOU CAN'T GO!

AC rang me yesterday to tell me her news (not good news for me) that her and hubby were leaving good old Leo (gold country) for Quairading (wheat belt country) within the the next 2 months. WTF am I going to do - no doubt go back to talking to the walls!! AC was my drinking partner - IC's /champers (I will will be drinking solo from then on), gym partner, walking her mongrels, our Sunday drives (you have to be there to understand our Sunday drives!) our laughs, our whinges. Who's gunna (good English) help me when I need a birthday card or when I get a new gadget and help me put it together, I am going to be lost.

I have friends but I only have a handful of really close friends. I said to AC yesterday I hope we will be friends forever as many have come and gone in my life and you stay in touch for a few years then you lose all contact, I hope that is not the case with AC. No bull we actually speak nearly everyday via email/phone or in person and she only lives 4 houses down from me! I first met AC when she arrived into town and she came to join the gym and I gave her a guided tour of the gym. Who would of thought we would become good friends?

5 comments:

  1. Interesting way to get news of my sister!!!! he hehehe...lucky I am not thin skinned.

    You will miss her Jen, but think, there is a new place for you to visit.

    Good friends stay in touch.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can sympathise with you since Toni has moved back to Perth im all on my lonsome too. No shopping buddy (who used to make me spend money!!), no coffee and cake buddy and noone to ring me during the day while im at work to ask why im working for. Very sad. But me and u are tonka tuff 1800- lucky we both like our own company hey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo/Odi

    Yes true friends do stay in touch.

    Yes we both like our own company and I do have Miss Tubby to talk to - yes tonka tuff we are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you really miss me stealing all your maggies and hounding you to walk the doggies with me at unusual hours (with a towel on your head)?? It's going to be very strange but we'll have email and the phone and SMS - if you'd just buy a MOBILE damn-it!!!!
    Come on, it's been on your wish list foreeeever.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. AC
    You dont steal my maggies I give them to you. I will miss walking the doggies espcially when you pop around unexpected and I have just got out of shower and quickly put on my trackie pants and top, minus the knickers an no bras and turban wrapped around my head, no wonder why drivers pass us and look at me strangely!!!

    PS: I have changed my wish list now to an updated version as most have been granted.

    ReplyDelete