Tuesday 3 July 2007

ME AND MY BIG MOUTH...........

That will teach me for opening my mouth, thinking everything is honky dory!!
Today I emailed AC bragging to her about how 1/2 day has nearly passed us and the sun is out, the sky is blue, birds are chirping and I am cruising away doing my payroll sipping on a delicious icy cold Ice Coffee, everything is going perfectly.

Since I have bragged to AC everything has gone wrong. I have been trying to download a new version for my payroll but nothing has gone right. When we have a problem with Quicken Payroll we ring our support team over east - and you can imagine what it is like at this time of the year trying to get through to them, you get a recorded message ....... "Welcome to Quicken Payroll you are listed number 11 in line, your waiting time is 1/2 hour, we will be with you as soon as we can", HELLO you just told me 1/2 an hour.

So when we do finally get through to them and thinking we have solved the problem, you hang up. Once off the phone you realise the problem is still there, so again we call them (6 times today we rang -with their usual recorded message) - Welcome to Quicken Payroll blah, blah blah , it is sooooo frustrating.

Where I work the office has only about 8 people, so it is not like a city office where there is hundreds and you have an IT man based in the office that just comes and fixes the problem straight away - no we have to deal with people thousands of miles away via phone.

As I sign off from my Blog the problem is still not solved - Oh well tomorrow is another day!!!

4 comments:

  1. oh memories!!! im just getting flash backs of sitting at the front reception desk and listening to you curse away all sorts of profanities at the computer hee heee ha ha least its not the Tax dept you are trying to call!

    p.s im in Sydney, just arrived today for work, will send a card and parcel of you know what!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odi
    See things have not changed much since you left! :-)

    You lucky going to Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, i thought I was at the wrong blog! I like the black, it's just a shock when you're not expecting it!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. AC

    Cool isn't it? Finally found the template, it was staring in my face the whole time in my templates - what a loser I am!

    ReplyDelete