Monday 4 June 2007

PHEW - WHAT A WEEKEND!























































On previous posts I had mentioned our Golden Gift Weekend and how I was not looking forward to it - but I take that back - as the weekend went really well and I had a fantastic time mainly because we, the Registration Officers/Info Girls were based outside the office this year (it was a bit chilly in the morning but as the day progressed the weather was ideal) and not stuck inside like previous years. The day for us ran smoothly - the girls that worked were enormous help and having good workers makes a hell of a difference, thanks to Andrea, Bev, Libby, Louise, Macca, Kelly, Julie Sharon and Di - we did well.


There was plenty happening over the weekend, had the Cycle Challenge on Saturday morning (yes I can still walk!!) Horse Races in the afternoon and catching up the people that I had not seen for ages, plenty of entertainment for the children at the race course as well. Saturday evening we were entertained by Freestylenow BMX Bicycle Demonstratins, ARCANUS Circus, Heats of the Elite Mile and the concert by Troy-Cassar-Daly and Sara Storer plus a display of Aerial Fireworks which were fantastic. Sunday, we saw the Geraldton Pigeon Race Club - Pigeon Release Race from Leonora to Geraldton (don't know how the hell the pigeons know which way they go - but they do!! I wonder if they got there or are still flying?) The athletes events happening throughout the day, at lunch time the children were entertained by Dorothy the Dinosaur Dance Party which includes Wags the Dog, Henry the Octopus and Captain Feathersword, which I am sure the kids loved. Also throughout the day the athletes/spectators and ourselves (we have a good laugh) were entertained by a couple of clowns - I still smile just thinking about that clown.

I am sure that everyone that attended the weekend, left knowing that it was a good one.



No comments:

Post a Comment