Wednesday 27 August 2008

SINGER I'M NOT, THOUGH WILLING TO LEARN


Singing Classes started on Monday night, me I will give anything a try, can't sing but always wanted to learn so thought here's my chance. The first thing I said to the teacher "I hope we don't have to sing on our own in front of everyone, as I am too shy" and he assured me no. There were 5 in the class and he had asked each and everyone one of us if we had ever sung before, I told him "I had plenty singing experience in the shower and in the car"!

My fear had just become a reality, we had to sing Mary Had A Little Lamb ON OUR OWN (he tricked me) as wanted to hear what our voices were like. I shot up my hand to be the first as I wanted to get it over and done with. We practiced singing two songs Your The Voice by John Farnhman and Tainted Love (have no idea who sings that), could not of picked two harder songs. In the song Tainted Love, there are words in the chorus - touch me baby, touch me, nothing wrong with that but I thought to myself that's a bit rough especially as we had Sr. Annette from the Catholic church in our class and every time we sang the chorus all I could think was I wonder what Sr. Annette is thinking!

Watch out Battle of the Choirs!

Watch out karaoke bars in Bali!

No comments:

Post a Comment