Wednesday 16 July 2008

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY

WORK:
The last couple of weeks have been super busy here at work, with the end of financial year stuff to do, group certificates (I was 24 thousand dollars out but after shutting the books for the day and coming back to it a day later, bingo, found it), new payroll to download (had to converse with some IT guy over east, who I could hardly understand, it was so frustrating, it was the longest 45 minute phone conversation I have ever had, you could just tell in his voice he could not be bothered with me, they get paid an annual fee so when we have any queries they are suppose to be there to help us!). At present we a doing the annual property and mining rates so they should be out in the next few days then we wait for the onslaught of the little old pensioners scurrying in to pay their rates - bless their little souls. Hurry up September - Bali here we come.

MISS TUBBY:
Miss Tubby has settled into life with me though she has been locked out of the house several times as come my bed time and I go to call for her she is nowhere to be seen so out she stays until I hear her meowing at the door at 6.00am so begrudgingly I get up to let her in and give her a stern talking to about staying out all night in the freezing cold.

PURCHASES:
I bought myself an electric throw rug, OMG the best purchase so far, for winter anyway, while watching TV, turn it on, throw if over yourself and you are settled in for the night, pity it does not plug into your cigarette lighter in your car!!! My other purchases was a 19' flat screen TV for my bedroom and a combo Video/DVD recorder - I do a lot of TV recordings (which is still sitting on my floor in the lounge room, waiting for me to connect it up, if I can't there is only one person to call, Miss Technology AC.

FRIENDS:
I received a call from Kelly last night, to say that she has settled into her new position in Port Hedland as Regional Coordinator - Pilbara, Active After School Communities I think she will be much happier there than she was in her last position in Mundaring, told her she had to get down to the local boozer and mingle with the locals.

FOOD:
I had the most delicious, yummo camp oven roast delivered to me last week (meals of wheels) and it was the best roast I have ever had, that delicious that I even licked the bowl. I want a camp oven now and somebody to cook it for me!!

6 comments:

  1. Jo

    If you are reading this, me just want to say many thanks to your husband for my roast last week, that was the yummiest, delicious roast I have had for ages, I was happy with whom ever dish the plate up as they were not shy with the meat (love my meat) not like some part time vegetarian (AC, you either are a vego or not, not go off if for 4 days cause of some poor little cows down south!!!). Thanks Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JB - you try and look at those cute little fluffballs then chomp into a steak. Thats it, I'm giving Beef up again it's official this time. By the way, the only reason I fell off the wagon was because my husband failed to identify the 'Lamb' he was feeding me was in fact BEEF!!!
    P.S if you want your DVD hooked up you'd better consider adjusting your own Carnivorous habits!!!
    ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen,
    will pass on the comments about the roast to Pete...he is a champion camp oven cook, we have had some awesome roasts over the years.
    Ummm...AC dished up your plate...
    Had a good few days in lovely downtown Leo, despite the freezing weather!
    Yep, rock on September...not long now!
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo
    AC knows I love my food, so she knows to pile it up!! You come to Leo the wrong time of the year, summer time is better.

    AC
    Please dont make me laugh re: giving up the beef its like me saying I am giving up the IC's and I have said that plenty of times.
    too.

    PS: RE DVD hook up - I am sure I can do it - I just have to read the instructions!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha Ha Ha dont kid your self 1800, i do recall a dvd player, we brought 1 each and hmmmmm whos sat in the box for hmmmm 12 months ha ha ha Im sure with your persuasive ways and a flutter of those eye lashes you can find someone to do it for you lol otherwise you will have to dust the box

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Odi

    LOL, as I do recall that DVD player that you purchased for both of us at Retravision - it was a bargain, and it did sit in the box for while, I think Tim helped me connected it up, once it was up and running it was the best thing out. Time to update with new technology It is still in good nick, time to sell. Hope all went well with you know what?

    ReplyDelete